Tuesday 1 December 2015

My First Encounter With E-Learning Solutions and Custom Application Development

Am sure you must be well versed with the terms E-Learning Solutions and Custom Application Development. I thought I’d tell you about a time when I was not. Well I had used it in my previous organization, but this was my first encounter with it from the creators end.
Custom Application Development
One fine evening my boss asked me to accompany him to our E-Learning partners’ office. I was yet to meet them and my boss felt the time had come to introduce me to them. He had praised the owner so much that I was really excited to go and meet him as well as see what he does. The organization was one of the leaders in the industry and they were at the top when it came to quality. They had grown from a one member team to a sixty plus member team and were yet able to maintain their quality standards as well as professionalism. The team was young and bubbly and I was eager to meet them.
Custom Application Development
As we entered the office we were taken through a huge room. It was filled with youngsters, some busy in their computers whilst others were chatting and having fun. If you ask me it seemed more like a computer lab in a college rather than the main workspace of an organization! I could undoubtedly see now why my boss had told me that they had a young and vibrant team.

We then went into another room where we had a tall person with a broad smile waiting for us. We shook hands and had a seat. He was the owner of the organization and a very warm one I must say!
http://www.theyellowspot.com/
He started telling us about what kind of E-Learning Solutions their organization offered. It was interesting to hear the various types of solutions they had and how they could be blended with the solutions that we could offer our clients. He also explained the various types of Custom Application Development that they were now offering their clients and how these could really make work a lot simpler.

Next came the part that I guess somewhere inside I had been waiting for, a demonstration. The owner himself was very excited to show us a game that he had created recently for a client. He had created it based on a board game called ‘The Game of Life.’ The concept was basically picked up from there and the options that came up in the game were based on the product that the client needed it for. It was basically going to be used for a product related training and was being done in this format as the client had tried classroom training for the same in the past but was now looking for something different and unique to offer to his employees.
E-Learning Solutions

The game would take the participant or should I say player in this case through major milestones that they would face or would have already faced in their lifetime. For example, deciding which college to go to, getting married, saving up for their children, etc. To cross a particular stage, the player would need to answer some questions, which would help him understand the use of the product at that stage of life. This made it very easy for the player to understand what a customer in that stage of life would be going through, making it easy for them to offer the kind of product they would need accordingly. They also needed to know the products very well to answer such questions. The game thus gave them a good understanding of the various types of customers as well as the features of the various types of products in a format that was enjoyable for the player. Now that’s what I call a win-win solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment